January 11, 2013

Blog 13. Chalkboard Door DIY

Got an old door for $5 at a garage sale. It sat in the garage and various spots in the house for nearly a year before I decided what I wanted to do with it. 


Blank, boring, old door. 




First I added pretty knobs from my momma. 

Then I thought, "That would make an awesome chalkboard!"
And Brendan cut the perfect size plywood and I used chalkboard spray paint to paint it. 
Next I had to figure out how to hang the board... Tricky. 






Brendan drilled small holes in the board and put screws in the back. I ran twine through the holes and looped them on the screws. And tied a pretty twine bow.  




Pretty finished product!!


And that's my easy chalkboard door. 

Total cost:
Plywood: Free (leftover from a headboard I made 2 years ago)
Knobs: Free (Thanks momma)
Chalkboard Paint: $4.00 at Michaels with coupon
Door: $5.00 at a garage sale





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - and also unfair that your hand-writing is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete