January 26, 2012

Blog 4. Tomatillo Avocado Salsa

I love anything avocado so I tried a recipe and tweaked it a little.
Hey, did you know tomatillos are sweet? I didn't. But now I do! The sweetness is not a bad thing- just different from a spicy tomato based salsa. Use less tomatillos if you don't want it as sweet.

Ingredients:
1lb tomatillos
1 small onion
3 jalapeƱos stemmed and seeds out
1/3 of a bunch of cilantro
Juice from 1/2 lime
2 avocado
2 garlic gloves
1tsp kosher salt
1/2 c sour cream (optional)

Directions:
Peal rinse and quarter tomatillos. Quarter onion. Layer tomatillos, onion, jalapeƱos, and all other ingredients minus avocado in food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. Dice and add avocado before serving. I also added a dollop of sour cream before serving to make it creamier.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! We're definitely a chips and salsa family, I can't wait to try this out, Sam!

    ReplyDelete