January 23, 2012

Blog 3. Dream Wedding

I married the love of my life 2 months and 4 days ago and it has been filled with nothing but happiness. So I decided to blog about a few things from the wedding that I loved. 11 months of planning and one wonderful wedding planning (my mother) helped everything come together. 


Favorite thing #1: Pre Wedding Pictures
We did not see each other before the wedding, but we did exchange letters. The letter Brendan wrote me is one of my favorite wedding mementos. My photographer captured it amazingly. 



 Favorite thing #2: Thumbprint wedding tree. 
Instead of having a guest book we would probably never look through- we had guests leave their thumbprint and sign their name. Thanks to my lovely aunt Terry for painting the tree. It is now beautifully hung in our living room.  


Favorite thing #3: Homemade Photo Booth 
I was set on the idea of having a vintage couch and props for a homemade photo booth. All I really did to contribute to this was have the idea and paint the sign- my mom took care of the rest! We hired someone specifically to take photo booth pictures and she did an amazing job. 



 Favorite thing #4: Old Windows and Old Family Wedding Photos
Old family wedding pictures in windows displayed at the reception- I think that says enough. 




I loved having each of our parents wedding cake pictures on our wedding cake table

This was an old window at the ceremony



Favorite thing #5: Vintage Rustic

My original description of how I wanted the reception venue was "vintage rustic" and I would say we efficiently carried that out. The venue was already covered in Christmas lights. For the wedding party table Christmas lights were strung underneath and behind lace.

 The table center pieces were mason jars wrapped with lace and ribbon, 
white vases, and vintage handkerchiefs 


Muslin curtains and coffee tin lights at the entrance were a perfect touch 




Thank you to my amazing photographers- Jeska and Jason Bailey 

2 comments:

  1. It was an amazing event and just beautiful, but I would expect nothing less from you my creative one. (Tender and Elisa are creative too, but in different ways)

    ReplyDelete