April 11, 2012

Blog 7. Night stands.

I don't know why but I have always wanted an old 2-level side table. My husband knew this and bought me 2! Here is what they looked like:

There were 2 matching tables so I decided they would make great night stands. I deliberated over colors for about 4 months... or longer. Then I got annoyed with myself and used the only neutral can of paint we had. White. 
This was my process:
Step 1: Buy old side tables!
Step 2: Sand them 
Step 3: Paint Paint Paint. 
I let the paint dry for a few days before antiquing... because the garage was too hot to go back in. 
Step 4: Add a stencil on the top layer, in red!
Step 5: Sand the spots I wanted antiqued. 
Easy easy. 
New night stands for $25





Before and After! 

1 comment:

  1. Sambee! Sooo cute! Very nice work. I seriously love them!!! good find, brendan!

    ReplyDelete